CUSCO CITY WALKING TOUR
The CUSCO CITY WALKING TOUR explores the main plazas, museums, local market (San Pedro), Qoricancha (the Sun Temple) and the main Cathedral.
This is a half day tour. Cusco City is rich in Incan and Colonial History and still celebrates the roots of each culture today. Cusqueños have mixed Incan and Spanish tradition, religion, food, and culture in fascinating ways. The local art of Cusco, both past and present is beautiful to behold and present-day art is surprisingly modern and cutting edge. The local market of San Pedro is a feast for the eyes and includes everything from meat, flowers, fruit, vegetables, prepared food, juice, and local handicrafts. A truly cultural experience, this tour will provide you with a deeper understanding of Cusco history and present-day customs.
The Nitty Gritty Trek Details
Cusco City, rich in history and culture, gentle acclimatizing walk, beautiful sites
Cobblestone streets, pavement, Cusco City
A great way to acclimatize to Cusco’s altitude in prep for a trek
easy, gentle walk
Touristy, but a must not miss tour!
When to Go
Daily departures with 2 or more people
6-10 guests: 40, 3-5 guests: 50, 2 guests: 75 (per person)
Yes! Private, custom, add-ons all available. Can add this on to any trek or tour
This half day tour is a wonderful introduction to Cusco City where you get to explore the principal sites and areas of interest. This is a gentle walking tour, suitable for all levels of fitness, and is a nice way to acclimatize to Cusco’s high altitude, especially if you have also booked a trek. The tour begins at the Plaza de Armas where we explore the beautiful main Spanish Cathedral that contains approximately 300 paintings. From here we walk to the incredible San Pedro Market, which sells all manner of produce, meat and poultry, as well as handicrafts. This is where locals go to shop for their groceries. We then continue to Qoricancha (the Sun Temple) which was the most important religious center in Incan times. Today it is also known as the Santo Domingo Convent. We end the tour at Qoricancha or Plaza de Armas (your choice) where it will be the perfect time to have lunch.
- Departs from: Plaza de Armas
- Start time: 8:30am
- Finish time: around 12:30 or 1pm
- Daily departures with 2+ people
- Price: 35/person for 3-10 guests, 50/person for 2 guests, solo guest price upon request
- Professional English speaking tour guide who will provide the guided tour
- Entrance to Qoricancha (Santo Domingo Complex)
- Entrance to main Cathedral in the Plaza de Armas
- Bottle of water and snacks
- Transport (this is a walking tour)
- Lunch (we find that most people prefer to eat at a restaurant of their choosing due to culinary and budgetary preferences)
- Tips for your guide
- Hat and sunglasses
- ISIC card if you are a student
- Rain gear and warm jacket in the event of inclement weather
- Good shoes for walking over pavement and dirt paths
- Money for souvenirs, tipping, extra snacks (Note: foreign money must be in perfect condition with no rips, tears, or marks, as no one in Peru will accept less than pristine bills)
Cusco often experiences all seasons in one day so it is a good idea to take a warm hat and gloves as well as a sun hat when you leave in the morning in order to be prepared for all weather.